Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Margo's Bible Verses July 1st

On this date, July 1st, Margo was reading in Luke 13:31-35 titled, "Jesus Laments Over Jerusalem" and in Philippians 1:12-18a titled "The Gospel Advanced Through Paul's Chains".

Margo didn't underline any verses but underlined a couple sentences in the commentary. To get the context I'll quote the relevant verses.

Philippians 1:12 - 14

(These verses are hard for me to even quote, considering what my sweet wife was going through at this time...)

Paul writing while under arrest in Rome during the reign of Caesar Nero. I think he might have had some inkling what lay ahead:

"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly."

Here are the sentences Margo underlined in the commentary:

"Paul realized that his current circumstances weren't as important as what he did with them. Turning a bad situation into a good one,..."

This time last year Abigail our youngest was home getting ready to leave for another tennis tournament and Margo's sister Brenda and her nieces came to visit for a day or so.

We didn't know it at the time, but in just a couple days I was going to be offered a job with ITT Corp in Colorado Springs. The interview was set for July 3rd. After the interview, I was offered the job and Margo and I decided it would be best for me to take it.

We prayed about this for several days before deciding. We were ready to start our own business, had spent several thousand dollars to get it going, had licenses, and everything was ready, but the job in Colorado Springs seemed like an answer to prayer.

Margo emphatically urged me to take the job. At that time we thought things were going well, and better than expected. I think Margo must have known that things weren't going as well as we thought, or at least as I thought. The job turned out to be a tremendous blessing, considering the too soon unraveling of our hopes.

Margo had such tremendous insight.

No comments: